Precautions We Take to Ensure Health and Safety of Our Patients and Staff
At Hands On NJ, the health and safety of our patients and staff is our top priority.
As always, we practice the CDC recommended cleaning protocols to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and illnesses. We encourage everyone to take the necessary precautions to stay healthy and help us maintain a safe environment for our patients and our staff. While we remain vigilant in taking these necessary measures, we strongly encourage our patients to consider Telehealth Physical Therapy as a way to practice social distancing while still getting the care they need.
Let me share with you everything we are doing on our end - as well as things you can do on your end to ensure your health and safety so that you can feel safe and confident about getting your treatment in the clinic 🙂
Here are the steps we are taking to help prevent infection and the spread of the virus:
- Our Therapists are wearing gloves and masks during treatment and we are requiring staff to wear masks.
- All staff are screened daily for COVID-19. Staff with respiratory symptoms are to remain home and do not return to work until well.
- All patients are screened to make sure they have not been exposed to COVID-19 and to make sure that they are not exhibiting symptoms (Fever, Cough, Runny Nose or Shortness of Breath). If a patient presents with COVID-19 symptoms they will be advised to return home and contact their healthcare provider for medical advice.
- Only staff and patients are allowed in the treatment areas. If a patient requires assistance or transportation the additional parties will be asked to wait outside (except in the case of a minor) until the appointment is completed.
- Each patient will be seen in a private room, one on one with the therapist for up to an hour.
- Before and after each patient encounter, we are washing our hands with soap and water, or using an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 70% alcohol.
- We are constantly cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces including treatment tables, exercise equipment, mats, furniture, light switches, door handles, faucets, etc.
- We are also washing our hands after every time we cough or sneeze.
- Diffusing powerful essential oils that help build your immune system.
- Using Air Purifier devices to trap pollutants and bacteria in the air.
During this time we are asking for your help in maintaining a safe environment for yourself, our patients, and our staff:
- Upon entering the clinic please take a minute to wash your hands or use hand sanitizer.
- Wear a facemask. If you have one, please use it. Otherwise we have disposable face masks available.
- It is allergies season. When coughing and sneezing, cover your mouth and nose with flexed elbow or tissue – discard tissue immediately into a trash bin.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- If you have symptoms of any respiratory infection (e.g., cough, runny nose) please call ahead to reschedule your appointment or schedule a TeleHealth visit.
- If you have a fever please refrain from coming to the clinic until you have been fever-free for 48 hours.
I'm hoping all of this information helps. We are thinking of you and our community FIRST 🙂
Your Health & Wellness is our passion!
Philip Chan, DPT